Monday, September 18, 2006

Spinach Warning Expanded

news you may not know



Say It

Ain't So...



In a blow to Popeye emulators nationwide, the FDA expanded its warning to include all fresh spinach and spinach-containing products. The previous advisory had targeted only pre-packaged, or bagged, spinach. Consumers are further advised to avoid loose spinach offered in supermarkets and restaurants, and spring mix salads that contain fresh spinach. The contaminated spinach has been linked to over 100 cases of illness, and one death, in nineteen states.

Popeye lamented the news, but vowed to continue setting the standard of healthy eating for which he is famous. Of his temporary conversion to a strict diet of sweet potatoes, he declared with a sigh, "I yam what I yam."

...My apologies.

For additional details see the FDA Advisory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the warning.

I generally try to stay away from the news...it despresses me. But that's important info i need!

I'll scratch out 'spinach' from the grocery list.

thanks

Sylvia C.

www.sylvias-journal.blogspot.com

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home